Find your ideal home
At Gold Crown we pride ourselves in making sure the tenant can secure the property they want in the most efficient and hassle free way. We offer a trusted, reliable and competitive service to our current and prospective tenants.
Our administration with zero fees (in-line with Tenant Fee Act 2019) are transparent with reasonable terms and conditions, for tenant protection. We are members of the Deposit Protection Service (DPS), therefore all tenant deposits are held in independent government schemes. An assigned member of staff will deal with you throughout your tenancy, support and manage all utility and maintenence needs.
In-line with the tenant fee act 2019
In line with the Tenant Fees Act 2019, as of 1st June 2019, we do not charge our tenants administration fees.
When you have agreed on the property of your choice, Gold Crown will provide you with a Tenancy Fee Declaration. This helps explain not only the next stages of your application but any permitted payments which are due before you sign your tenancy agreement and which may become payable during and after your tenancy. This will also include confirmation of the agreed rent and the deposit.
Below is a list of our current permitted payments:
- Holding Deposit (refundable): 1 Weeks Rent *Holding deposit will be returned to tenant within 7 days of tenancy start. (Note: This will be witheld if any relevant person including any guarantor withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right to Rent Check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement within 15 calender days)
- Security Deposit: 5 Weeks Rent, this will cover any damages or defaults on the part of the tenant *if annual rent is more than £50,000 we can charge up to 6 weeks rent
- Unpaid Rent. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from rent due date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent (Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears).
- Lost Key(s) or other security device(s). Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security devices If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord and any other person requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15.00 per hour for the time taken replacing key(s) or other security device(s).
- Any rent paid later than 7 days by tenant, a late charge fee of £25.00 will be added to account.
- Variation of Contract (Tenant Request) £50.00 per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlords instructions as well as the preparation and executing of new legal documents.
- Change of Sharer (Tenants Request) £50.00 per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs associated with taking landlords instructions, new tenant referencing and Right to Rent Checks, deposit registration as well as preparation and execution of legal documents.
- Early Termination (Tenants Request) Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlords costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
- All client money is protected through Client Money Protection. Redress through the property redress scheme